At recent book reading

At recent book reading

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Readings and Prizes

I have been quite busy with readings and book signings of my my latest volume of poetry, For a Fistful of Soil/ Per un pugno di terra, Zeisciu Centro Studi: Magenta, 2006. Pp. 239:

March 10 @ Indigo Books in Park Royal, West Vancouver
March 24 @ Chapters Books on Robson St., Vancouver
April 17, @ US Consulate in Vancouver: a video conference on poetry linking writers from New York, Montreal, Ottawa and Vancouver.
April 21 @ Indigo Books, North Vancouver
May 29 @ Interview and poetry reading @ Radio Cafe' on Radio Co-op of Vancouver
June 16 @ Chapters Books on Granville St, Vancouver (3:00-5:00 pm)
June 2: four of my poems in English (Scar, How Will it Be?, Time, To Stop Time) have just been published in the Voices Israel Anthology 2007

June 16: Awarded Second Prize ($200) for my short story Appeso a un fico at the "Italian Week Literary Awards" sponsored by the Italian Embassy in Ottawa.

May 23, 2008: received International Literary Prize "Scritture di Frontiera", dedicated to Umberto Saba, In Trieste, Italy ($1,500). The jury was composed by writers and critics of international fame. I was honoured to be in the company
of Boris Pahor, candidate to the Nobel Prize and recipient of Prize to his Career.

On February 27, 2009, I will be honoured by World Poetry with a Lifetime Achievement Award. I deeply appreciate this wonderful recognition.

No comments: